Before you begin building your website or hiring freelancers, you need to decide what your niche or subject matter will be. I would suggest Alterzon Review. The worst thing is to be three months into the project and realize the niche puts you to sleep. You need something that is exciting for you!
I decided to choose the mother of all niches, weight loss. I guess it’s fair to say I like a good challenge, but you have to manage your expectations and figure out what is realistic when it comes to achieving your goals, and how much effort and investment you are willing to put in.
Your content should always solve problems and answer questions that users are likely to be searching for in the various search engines. Doing plenty of keyword research is necessary so you can target long tail keywords and avoid hard-to-rank-for terms like “how to lose weight” or “lose weight fast.” As a new affiliate marketer you have to be realistic with what you can achieve. But the long term goal is one of residual revenue and an online property you can eventually sell to reap the benefits of all of your (and/or your outsourcers’) hard work!
For example, a recent article I posted is on how to make your body burn more calories, which is obviously a topic with significant search volume. Once searchers find it, strategically placed affiliate ads will take users to a weight loss or diet supplement website. See how that works? Find a market you can corner that’s not over-saturated with competition and you can start building from there.
The path to the future is clear—create an authentic site with quality content and a positive user experience. Otherwise, your organic ranking days could be numbered!
Once you’ve chosen what your website will be about, it’s time to start generating some excellent content. The keys to improving the flow of traffic to your website are quality content and genuine inbound links (link farms are also on the swift decline).
Setting your website up as an authority on a particular topic ranging from auto repairs to weight loss, using unique, quality content that is well-written, will help ensure your content drives the “right” kind of customers to the websites you promote.
The goal is to get people to your site and then on to the vendor’s site, and that requires helpful information that’s related to the vendor’s content. If you’re not a writer, or if you simply don’t have time to create content for an entire website, utilize the services of a freelance writer. These services can be found at Warrior Profit Factory Review, where I’ve found some of the best business partners around. Try to find someone that is already familiar with your niche, who has a basic understanding of search engine optimization and who can freely post quality content onto your site without you having to.
A professional with these skills will be able to provide you with high quality content that’s sure to bring visitors to your website. Without good content that keeps readers coming back, your affiliate links and promotions may not generate any additional income.
When you choose keywords to optimize for, make sure to choose phrases that are relevant to your subject matter and related to your vendor’s subject. You should also make sure to use phrases that would actually be searched for in search engines. For example, instead of ‘how to lose weight with oolong tea,’ which is too wordy, optimize your keyword text to read ‘oolong tea health benefits‘ and create a page title around that phrase.
An important factor in building a reputable site for affiliate marketing is posting fresh content to your site often. You want your site to become an authority on a subject, which means you want readers to check in with your website often for new content. By posting content at regular intervals, your readers know when to come for new information. Think of your website like a television show—you want readers to know when to come back for the next episode.
An authoritative website has many pages of content, which you will build up over time. This can’t be done in a few days. Give your website an edge by having a large amount of content ready for posting when your website goes live, and then continue to post high quality content regularly.
In addition to paying for the services of a freelance writer, you immediately want to begin networking with other bloggers. Bloggers with similar content may be able to act as ‘guest’ writers on your blog and you can do the same for their website.
[NOTE: If anyone is looking to exchange guest posts with us, just send a message via the contact form on our site].
By acting as a guest writer on another blog, it builds your reputation, and your website’s, as an authority on a particular subject. It tells your readers that you’re not just trying to make money, but you actually know what you’re talking about too. And those back links you get by guest posting will also help give your website’s rating a boost.
Inadvertent networking is another great way to boost your ranking in search engines. By creating high quality content that provides helpful information, other bloggers will link to your website as a credible resource, which will also improve your search engine ranking. This is why enjoying your niche is important, since it will make it easier for you to keep pushing out great content and chatting with new people in the industry.
Starting an authoritative website is fairly easy, and with the right tools you can be up and running in no time. Find your niche, stockpile your content for frequent updates, build your website and start linking! It’s easier than you think, and who doesn’t need another avenue to earn income these days?
What Will I Learn?
- Build high quality affiliate sites with confidence
- Understand how affiliate marketing works
- Use a variety of methods to show web site visitors affiliate products
- Earn a passive income by referring visitors to merchant websites.
- Students do not need any prior knowledge, but familiarity with Wordpress would be an advantage (though not essential)
Do you have a website already? Maybe you want to build one? Did you know that you can monetize a website with affiliate programs? Affiliate marketing is something anyone can do.
I've been building affiliate websites for more than a decade, and earning a decent income from those sites. The great thing about affiliate websites is that if you build them correctly, they'll mature over time and reward you month after month, year after year in passive income. However, if you build them incorrectly, you will simply be wasting your time. In the last few years, Google have tightened the noose around webmasters out to make a quick buck by gaming the system. This course was created to show you how I build successful affiliate websites now, in 2016 and beyond. I'll take you from the very beginning and show you, over-my-shoulder, how I:
- Decide on a niche for my website.
- Find affiliate products in that niche to promote on my websites.
- Choose a catchy, brandable domain name.
- Buy the domain through a registrar, and set it up to work with a web host.
- Install Wordpress.
- Setup a gmail address and create a "Gravatar".
- Setup Wordpress.
- Install a Wordpress theme.
- Install a few essential plugins.
- Create an author bio for your web pages.
- Setup Google Analytics and Search Console so you have the data you need to make your site successful.
- Add a simple homepage to get you started.
- Create Mindmaps to plan and outline all of the main topics you want to cover on your website.
- Add important pages like Contact, Terms and Privacy.
- Create a sitemap and submit it to Google so they always know when you have new content on your site that needs indexing.
- Set up Yoast SEO plugin so your site is search engine ready.
- Setup Facebook and Twitter accounts, and get all new posts automatically syndicated to these platforms.
- Decide on categories for posts.
- Write content that the search engines will reward you for.
- Automate internal site linking, and why it is important.
- Create an affiliate product page and why this works better than affiliate products on all pages of your website.
- Create an affiliate product promotion that is always visible to a website visitor.
- Add social sharing buttons to the site.
- Add related posts to the end of each post, automatically.
- How to use Feedly and RSS feeds to get content ideas.
- How to setup a blog for shorter posts, and how to create these blog posts using Feedly and Youtube.
This course covers everything you need to know to help you create a high quality affiliate website that you'll be proud of. With Google cracking down on poor quality affiliate sites, a lot of webmasters have given up creating this type of site. However, affiliate sites remain one of the best forms of setup and forget "passive income".
With this course, you will have the exact system I personally use to keep Google happy as I continue to build this type of site.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is for anyone that wants to learn how to build a successful website
- This course is for anyone that wants to learn how to use affiliate programs to earn a passive income
- This course is not for anyone that is simply looking for a get-rich quick scheme.